You are here
About Our School
"Westwood Elementary is committed to meeting the needs of our Pre-K through fifth grade students. The environment in our school is safe, friendly, and respectful. We value our community partnerships, our diversity, and our commitment to life-long learning. Everyone works together to provide meaningful learning experiences that support student success."
- All children can learn and produce quality work.
- All children benefit from developmentally appropriate materials, practices, strategies, up to date curriculum, and technology to prepare them for life in the 21st century.
- School is not just about children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment, and the world.
- Respect, Responsibility, and Safety are the foundation for all that we do, teach and learn.
- Children are more than test scores.
- Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem is higher.
- Breadsmith, Edina- bread donations
- Richfield Bloomington Credit Union (RBCU)
- Transfiguration Lutheran Church- reading buddies, pen pals